1/23/15

RADISH CHUTNEY


 White radish,All I know  was to make sambar, kootu , until my husband got 8 radish for 2 of us...I was fed up making sambar and kootu, tried curry couple of times but he did not like the smell. Many don't like the smell even in sambar..anyway I had to finish it off when I asked Mr.Google, he told me couple of ways to to cook and one among that was this chutney.I tried this for chapathi and to my surprise my husband liked and he couldn't figure out it was radish.From that day I have been making this chutney for idly/dosa, chapathi  and rice.  
It's so easy to make that it never occurred to me that I should write here till one of my neighbour asked me about this.
Here is the recipe..plz to adjust spice according to your taste.
INGREDIENTS:
Radish -2
Dhaniya(corrinder seed)- 2tsp
Urad dhal- 2tsp
Red chilli -6
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt -to taste
Tamarind -small Goosebery size
Oil-2tbs (for radish)+ approximately 2 tsp (for frying and seasoning)
FOR SEASONING:
Mustard,Curry leaves and urad dhal

METHOD:

1) Wash , remove the skin  of radish and grate it.
2) Heat oil in a pan and add the grated  radish and saute and cook well with salt and turmeric powder  till it is dry. And. Keep it aside.
3) Heat oil in another pan and fry corrinder seed ,urad and red chilli and when cool grind it along with the tamarind,without adding water .
4) Now add the sauted radish to this and grind according to your taste to a smooth paste or coarse paste .
5)Add the seasoning and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape