11/11/12

MOHAN LADOO/LADDU

Its Festive time... That too my favorite'Diwali'Festival of lights, crackers, colour,lots and lots of sweets and snacks....This year, my try was Mohan Laddu.Our family friend Muthu anna presented me Famous  Meenakshi ammal's cookbook and so thought will do something from her recipes and since this name was different and reminded me of my friend Mohan , i decided to try  and also it sounded quite simple .
Though actual recipe was using Rava(semolina) flour, she also had suggested other options- Wheat flour or All purpose flour/Maida.
So.... I used Whole wheat flour . You will see the ingredients are simple, easily available ones  and method is simple .....
INGREDIENTS:(measurements are not the same as given in the book.)
 To make poori
Whole Wheat flour- 1 1/2 cup
Salt -to taste (i used 1/4 tsp)
Water- to make dough
Oil- to deep fry
To make ladoo
Sugar-1 cup(according to taste.)
Ghee- to make balls(I used approximately 1/4 cup)
Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
Chopped nuts-2tbs (approximate/optional)
Coconut grated-2 tbs (approximately /optional . not mentioned in the book)

METHOD:
1)Mix wheat and salt and make dough ( it should not be soft).
2)Divide the dough to small balls, roll out the balls to circles.(Prick this with fork so that i does not puff up like poori.)
3)Heat oil in a pan and deep fry till crisp.
4)Break pooris to small pieces .Powder this along with sugar  in a Mixer.
5)Mix coconut, nuts and cardamom powder to the powder.
6)Warm  ghee and add it little by little to the powder and start making ladoo(balls)
And our Mohan is ready  hahah... i mean Mohan Laddu is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape