11/4/08

CRANBERRY PICKLE


This is one among my favorite.cranberry are said to be good for immune system and urinary tract.and the phytochemicals are anti cancer agents.
Last year when i saw cranberry i thought it as small cherries that were available in india.But then my hubby told me about cranberry and i wanted to taste it. so we got this amazing fruit .When i tasted it ... it reminded me of "kalaakaai", (which tastes good with salt and chilli powder) that we get in chennai during ganesh chadurthi. so I tried making pickle out of it which my hubby liked.Later told my recipe to my Sil, she too liked ..so now it has become part regular seasonal food..like mango pickle.

Recipe is simple and easy

INGREDIENTS:
Cranberry
Salt-to taste
Chilli powder-to taste
Asefotida-Pinch
Gingelly oil
Mustard-1 tsp
Fenugreek powder-pinch

METHOD:
1)Heat oil and splutter mustard.Add asefotida and fenugreek powder.Add salt.
2)Add cranberry(cut into two). Fry for couple of seconds and remove.
3)Store in air tight container.

Tastes good with curd rice. we also use this as side dish for dosa ,idly .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape