5/25/15

VENDHYA DOSAI (FENUGREEK DOSAI )


By now many may have known I am a lover of dosai .So next recipe in my
dosa list is soft spongy flavourful dosai.Thought not crispy and thin like my usual dosas
this is so good with flavour and taste.
Coming to recipe its simple just like normal dosa only differnce is we add more 
fenugreek and also Normally they use equal amount raw rice and idly rice, Since I did not have raw rice I used very little basmathi rice.

INGREDIENTS:

Idly rice - 2cups (Usually its equal amount raw and idly rice)
Basmathi rice -1/4 cup
Urad dhal -1/2 cup
Fenugreek -1 palm full ( approximately I guess Iit would be 1/4 cup)

METHOD:

1) Soak both rice for about 6 to 8 hrs.
2) Soak urad and fenugreek for about 6 to 8 hrs.
3) Grind  rice and urad seperately well like dosa batter and mix  together with salt and let Iit ferment.
4) Heat dosa pan and make thick dosa.When one side is nice golden brown (u can see smal holes on top )turn to other side and cook  till the side also gets goldn brown color.

Enjoy with any chutney or sambar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape