8/14/11

GREEN CHILLI THOKKU

This is a very tasty side dish for curd rice Just like chilli pickle.It can also can be mixed with plain rice.It also goes along very well with dosa or idly. In fact i used it as spread for my sandwich too.Salem pati ma taught me this.The measurement are as she told me.   
INGREDIENTS:    
Ginger- 1cup
Garlic- 4 or 5
Green chilli-1 cup(chopped)
Methi -1/4tsp(I used approximately 1/4 tsp) 
Asefotida-pinch
Mustard-1/2 tsp
Turmeric-1tsp
Tamarind-1 lime
Jaggery-to taste(i added little more than 1 tsp grated )
Chilli Powder-1 tsp(optional)
Oil-about 200 gram
Small onion-1/2 cup(i used ordinary onion 1/2)
METHOD:


1)Heat oil , add mustard methi power and asefotida and finely chopped ginger and half of finely chopped chilli.(I used 4 jalapeño pepper and ground ginger and chilli to coarse paste)and saute well.


2)Grind Onion, garlic and green chilli to paste. Add this to the above and sauté well till raw smell goes.


3)Add  tamarind extract to this and Cook well.


4)Add chilli powder can also be added now if preferred. And cook till oil oozes out.



5)  Serve with curd rice or idly or dosa and enjoy :)




                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape