3/29/20

COCONUT MILK RASAM

This is popular in coastal areas of south India , where they use coconut in many of their recipe ,Its a very flavorful recipe.During my last visit to India one of our friends served this and  told me she has used coconut  in this.I couldn’t think how coconut and tamarind could mix ? Meaning the taste, tamarind, a tangy,sour and coconut ,sweet and nutty flavor ? But to my surprise it was so very flavorful and tasty.
INGREDIENTS:for 3
Coconut milk -1/4 cup thick first milk and 1/3 thin second milk
Tamarind - small lemon size
Tomato-1 small(chopped)
Pepper-1tsp crushed
Cumin-1tsp crushed
(Our friend used rasam powder.since I didn’t have that I used pepper and cumin)
Or
Rasam powder -1tbs
Turmeric-1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste 
For seasoning
Coconut oil-1 tsp ( friend used gingerly oil,but I preferred coconut oil )
Mustard-1/4 tsp
Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
Garlic-1(crushed)
Green chilli-1 slit for flavor
Curry leaf - few
Coriander leaves-few
METHOD:

1)Soak tamarind in water and extract pulp and add turmeric and salt.( if using rasam powder add )
2)A add chopped tomatoes and squeeze the juice and keep the skin .
3)Add the second coconut milk and enough water  and keep.
4)Heat a oil in a pan and add  mustard,asafoetida,crushed pepper, cumin( if using rasam powder this is optional), garlic, tomato  skin (that was kept after squeezing the juice )and curry leaf and keep aside.


5)Now boil the tamarind mix till froth and add the seasoning (cumin, tomatoes  mix)and boil for just a second.
6)Now add the  coconut first milk and switch off  the flame and add coriander.


                                          Serve with hot rice 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape