2/7/20

Sheer pira


Sometimes names of dishes fascinate me and when I hear this name sheer payra or pira  we loved it.( just like Basbousa, which I loved the name and tried and was a big hit among our friends and family.)
To be very frank it’s psychology that we like or love  or admire things that we can’t usually understand the meaning .its purely out of curiosity.. actually that’s what I feel.when I did Basbousa I found out it was nothing but South Indian kesari but baked.. similarly this is like sort of Tamil  version paal Kova,  but with thick consistency,actually milk fudge or Indian kalakand . Each and every country have their version  and name for the same food .
Which gives me a feel we all are are one.
Anyway coming to food from philosophy, it’s very tasty and easy to make dessert which I did for our anniversary.we loved it.But since everyone  expect me have become sweet conscious I made very little .so the ingredients measurements gives only 9 pieces of the fudge.

INGREDIENTS:
Milk powder- 1cup 
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Water -1/2 cup
Dry fruits  or nuts -as per wish .I used about 1 tbs spoon of chopped almond, pistachio, cashew, pumpkin seed each and 1 tbs of dry cranberries and raisins each.
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
Oil or butter to grease the dish or plate.
METHOD:
1) Grease a dish with oil and keep aside.
2) Keep a pan and add sugar and water and boil till one string consistency.

3) Add cardamom powder  and slowly mix in the milk powder  and cook in low flame and stir to avoid lumps .

4) Add the dry  fruits and when it starts to thicken pour in greased dish and keep it aside to cool .

5) When cool  cut in desired shape  and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape