10/30/19

PRUTHI PAAL(cotton seed milk)









Have heard lot about this drink  but never had a chance to taste this all these years . During my last visit to India my dad ,who is a siddha doctor made this milk for me to taste and with the first sip of this I became a addict for this health drink.Even after reaching here I have been searching for cotton seed ... but I find ones with lint or powdered ones marketed by companies.... which I feel won’t be pure ..meaning just cottonseed powder.

Wanting to know more about this asked a farmer in our village about the seed , who told me the seeds sold in village market is different form those sold in shops for our consumption.It goes through lot of cleaning which they call as delinting.


It’s said that it is a good source of vitamins E and K and minerals. It’s also said to be good for ulcer and alternative for those with lactose intolerance and helps weight lose and controls cholesterol ...that’s interesting right?At least for people like me who don’t like the taste of plain milk  ,this is good option.

So.. here is the recipe for this so called wonder milk.


Ingredients:
Cotton seed -125 grams ( approximately 1 cup)
Palm sugar or jaggery- 3/4 th cup or  adjust to taste
Coconut -1  
Cardamom powder-approximately 8cardamom crushed
Water- to grind both seed and coconut and extract milk.

METHOD

1)Clean and soak cotton seed overnight.
2)Grate coconut ,grind and extract first and second milk and keep aside. 
3)Drain the water from soaked seed and add water and grind and extract first and second milk.
4) Pour the milk extracted from the seed in a pan and bring it to boil and add palm sugar and mix.
5) Add coconut milk and turn-off the heat .Add cardamom powder mix  and the milk I ready to drink .
                          
                                           CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
ENJOY THIS HEALTH DRINK ONCE A WEEK as there is a saying in Tamil ‘Alavukku minjina amruthamum nanju’ MEANING EVEN TOO MUCH NECTAR IS BAD FOR HEALTH



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape