10/29/19

Karuppu kavuni rice laddu (Black rice laddu)

‘Karuppu kavuni’ name sounds different right? It’s Black rice , also known as” the forbidden rice🤔
Ok... according to google.... in ancient China a black variant of rice was consumed by Chinese kinsmen for betterment of kidneys ,liver and stomach and the public was withheld from consuming or  growing  them and that’s the story behind this  so called“ forbidden rice” , which is supposed to be loaded with anti -oxidants especially anthocyanin which is good for diabetics and heart patients. Also the vitamin E content and high fiber and iron makes it special among nutritionist to suggest this as healthier option like brown or red rice and quinoa.

 Regarding formation of this story meaning ‘ the recipe ’ my dad usually  when he sees some recipe interesting  will tell me when  we speak .. similarly last week he told me he read this recipe in some news paper ( not sure if it’s Tamil one English or name of the news paper)
So I tried it for this Diwali and it was liked by many for its nutty flavor and taste .

 Having told about the history  or flash back of our hero “ karuppu kavuni/ black rice” of our recipe
Let’s come to the main story .. our recipe and the supporting artists ‘ Ingredients

  INGREDIENTS:
Black rice / karuppu kavuni -1 cup
Palm sugar-1 cup( he said jaggery but since I didn’t have that I used palm sugar)
Peanut-1 cup
Coconut-1/2 cup ( he said one cup but  I just had little ,anyway hope that would not have made much difference )
Cardamom-1/4 tsp. ( he just said add cardamom powder)

METHOD:
1) Wash rice  and soaked for about  5 min (he just said wash but to be on safer side I soaked)
2) Drained the water completely and fried in a dry pan  in medium heat till I got nice aroma and rice started spluttering .
3) Cooled it and powdered it along with peanut and cardamom.
4) Added palm sugar and coconut and powdered again  as the rice was bit coarse.
5) Transferred this to a plate and made balls .


Tada.....
Laddu was ready for the release and it was a success 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape