6/24/15

VENDYA RASAM (FENUGREEK SOUP)


Vendhayam/fenugreek is considered in India specially in south India to have many medicinal value and one among them being helps reduce diabetes and reduce body heat.Apart from this a good conditioner for hair too.
 
I have heard about vendhaya kali from my amma and have tasted vendhaya kuzhambu but rasam was very new to me that too onion in rasam was very new when I had it for the first time made by my mother in law .it was very aromatic and tasty.she made this again last week and was able to take photos and wanted to share this aromatic rasam.

INGREDIENTS:

Tamarind -small lime size
Mustard-1/4tsp
Urad dhal-1/2 tsp
Tur dhal-1/2 tsp
Fenugreek-1/2 tsp
Asefotida-little
Red chili-to taste 
Curry leaf-few
Salt-to taste
Turmeric powder
Small onion - finely chopped about 2-3 tsp
Water - as needed to  make thin tamarind water
Oil

METHOD:
1)Heat oil and sauté Mustard,urad dhal ,tur dhal and fenugreek.

2) Add asefotida and red chili and then add chopped onion and fry till translucent .

3) Add tamarind water and turmeric and salt and boil .
4)Add curry leaf just before removing from flame.
 Serve with rice...and enjoy this rasam with different flavor ...I personally love to drink this like soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape