3/15/13

ANGAYA PODI





Read this in 'Thehindu'but was sceptical about trying this until i saw this again in a channel's show.. so when we had very bad cold 2 weeks back I made this, though the artcle and In the Tv program it was told that its good for post pregancy, seeing the ingredients .... some where in my mind something told me all these are good generally for good health so immediately tries and now its become a a part of my ready made rice mix like paruppu rice podi,Curry rice powder,garlic Rice powder,Pulihora rice podi.

I just made few additions and subtractions  from the above recipe meaning... i did not add Mustard,red chilli and salt and added thippili and curry leaves.
reason for leaving salt was i felt the salt in the dry Sundaka vathal and manathakkali vathal was more than enough for our taste and similarly red chilli ... just the pepper was good for our taste.
INGREDIENTS  (measurements used are same as the article)
Pepper-1cup
Cumin seeds - 1/2 cup
Coriander seeds - 1 cup
Dry ginger powder - 1/4 tsp 
Toor dal - 1 cup
Bengal gram - 1/4 cup
Black gram - 1/4 cup
Asafoetida 1/2 tsp
Sundakkai vathal - 1 cup
Dry neem flowers - 1 cup
Manathakali vathal -1 cup
Apart from these i Added
Long pepper-1tsp
Curry leaf 4-5 strands
METHOD:



  1. Dry fry all the ingredients seperately and when cool Grind them to powder and store them in a air tight container.
  2. Mix with warm rice along with Gingely oil or any oil( i loved using Grape seed oil)
  3. This also goes well with idly.

2 comments:

  1. My Mom loves Angaya Podi, she used to make it for herself...when I was a kid, I couldn't stand the bitterness, but now...I started liking it too. Your version looks even better, thanks for sharing.

    Since I moved my blog, I will leave my new track back address, here. Hope you won't mind:)

    www.kitchentantras.com

    http://kitchentantras.com/mor-rasam-thanjavur-special/

    http://kitchentantras.com/the-zodiac-diet-menu-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Malar.Actually we like it so much that this has become regular in our diet:)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape