2/29/12

EGG LESS BLACK FOREST CAKE

My very favorite cake. Its been a long time since i made this. I think i haven't made this after my amma's illness.Actually i would not have made this even now if not for my friend anu and my Sil.They actually inspired me or i can even say they taught me a very valuable thing in my life..I don't know if they did it knowingly or unknowingly but but i should say i did learn this from them.
Day before yesterday ... my Birthday... I did not make anything spl... every one's question to me was what spl dish did i make?.... answer .. nothing... its just another day in life.... but when my friend anu called she said she made Kesari  for my birthday:)) wow! what a friend ah??!! anyway... that's when i realised ..ummm. when people around me are happy that i was born... y not me??? y am i not celebrating it??? For everyone... life is a gods gift... anyone who is trying to conceive will know that...but we forget this as we grow.I have seen many of us celebrate birthday when young and as we grow old we don't have much fun in all these...
My point here is We have to be thankful for the life that god has given us... and love our self.
Anyway... lets leave my story behind and come to this yummy Egg less cake.
Since i did not have any plan of doing this i made this with the things that i already had at home.

INGREDIENTS:
All purpose flour/Maida-1 cup
Condensed milk/Milkmaid- 1/4 cup(i had only very little of this  )
Soy milk-about 1/4 -1/2 cup(according to consistency)
Butter-1/4 cup
Powdered sugar  about 3tbs to mix with cream.
Agave-1/2 tsp optional(since i had very little condensed milk i added this for sweetness)
Coco powder-3 to 4 tbs(according to your taste)
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Baking soda-1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
Whipped cream-filling
Grated chocolate- sprinkle on sides and top
Tutti  fruity -sprinkle on sides and top

METHOD:
1)Pre heat oven to 350 degree.f
2)Grease a cake pan
3)Beat Butter(room temperature) and condensed milk well (I used hand mixer but we can also do that with wooden spatula)I also added Agave and about 1/4 cup of soy milk since i did not have enough condensed milk.
4)Sieve baking powder, baking soda , coco powder and all purpose flour.
5)Add all purpose flour mixture to the condensed milk mixture. add vanilla essence. and mix well.
6)Pour in greased pan and bake  for about half hour.
7) Cool the cake and then cut it horizontally


8)Mix/beat Cream and sugar well to get peak consistency(like butter).
9)place one layer of cake and spread the cream. place the second layer .(if u wish u can also keep cut fruits like cherry or pine apple or any fruit on the cream.)
10)  Now cover the cake with rest of the cream mixture and decorate with cherry or tutti fruity or chocolate shavings.

NOTE: we can also use Ice cream  instead of the cream to make ice cream cake .
This is a mini ice cream cake that i made.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape