4/20/11

PARUPPU PODI




'ANDHRA'... what comes first to my mind is Paruppu(Dhal) podi(Powder) and Avakkai (Mango) Oorukai(pickle).As far as I know every one loves Paruppu podi.So do I. MyAmma used to make this often.But this podi is ..ummm... bit different.I am not sure if this is the way everyone does this podi ,but I am sure this is not how my Mother in law or Amma or any of my relatives do.


Actually this was by accident that i made..Once i had very little Tur dhal and no Bengal gram either so the other alternative left was Green gram dhal,which I used along with Tur dhal to make this podi and manage that day. And fortunately comment was good from my DH. so from then... you know what :)


INGREDIENTS:(approximate)


Tur Dhal-1 cup

Green Gram dhal- 1cup

Roasted bengal gram(pottu kadalai)-1/2 cup
Salt-to taste

Chilli powder-to taste(or can dry fry chilli and powder it)

Seasoning:

Oil/Ghee-1/2 tsp(very less is good)

Mustard-1 tsp

Curry leaf- few

Asefotida- less than 1/4 tsp

METHOD:

1)Dry fry all the Green gram and Tur dhal separately well.

2)Heat oil and season with all the ingredients(mustard, curry leaf,asefotida)

3)Powder Gram gram,Tur and Roasted bengal gram along with salt and chilli powder.

4)Mix the seasoning with the powder. cool and store in air tight bottle.

MIX COUPLE OF SPOONS WITH RICE AND OIL .

NOTE:This is the base for Garlic,Bitter gourd and Amla paruppu podi .

For garlic just dry roast garlic and grind along with the dhal or We can also use garlic powder that's available. For other things like Bitter gourd we get bitter gourd and amla powder in India.
























1 comment:

  1. love your version..nice presentation..
    first time visiting your space..interesting recipe collections with great pics..
    Am your new follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape