5/5/10

MASALA FRIES

Dishes made of Potato ,be it curry, or snack or sweet or anything...Just potato as an ingredient will make the dish really tasty. I really have no idea how this vegetable alone was able to catch the heart of every one.I haven't seen single person who says they don't like potato. Of course many of them wont eat potato as it may cause gastric problem. But they would say the don't like potato.
This Masala fries is another version of french fries.I guess its Indian version.One of my neighbour Madhavi told me this recipe.Ingredients she told me were..corn starch(corn flour in India),Dried mint crushed,lemon pepper,chilli powder.But as i did not have lemon pepper i just added pepper.Later when i was browsing i found lemon pepper is made out of lemon rind dried and mixed with pepper and ground to powder . Sometime they also add onion powder to it .

INGREDIENTS:(approximate measurement)
Potato-2 medium
Salt- to taste
Dried mint crushed-1/2 tsp
Pepper-to taste
Corn starch-1 or 1 1/2 tsp
Oil- for frying

METHOD:
1)Peel and cut potatoes into even strips.
2)Mix salt to this and leave it for about 10-20 minutes.
3)After 10-20 minutes place the potatoes on paper towel to remove the water.
4)Mix corn starch,mint leaves,pepper.
5)Mix all the ingredients (potatoes,corn starch mixture).
6)Fry in oil till golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape