12/24/08

MOMO'S(Veggi Dumplings)


Momo!!!!???? raised my eyebrows when i heard the name....interesting name..Actually they are dumplings.I was told that this is Tibetan dish.My cousin Neela told me about this dish when she was here. But i forgot about that till i happened to see dumplings in a restaurant(unfortunately it was non veg so couldn't taste it). Today i happened to get hold of her online and she gave me the recipe
As usual i couldn't keep my hands folded after knowing the recipe...I couldn't believe such simple one will taste so good. its very similar to our (tamil)kozhukattai.Its healthy snack.I loved it... INGREDIENTS:
All purpose flour- 1cup
Salt- to taste
Baking soda-1 pinch
Water- to mix
Oil-3 tsp
STUFFING:
Carrot-1 small
Beans -4 or 5
Onion-1 small
Green chilli- to taste
Spring onion chopped-2 tsp
Masala powder/chilli powder- to taste
Salt -to taste
METHOD FOR STUFFING:
1)Heat oil in pan and add onion and finely chopped vegetables .
2)Add salt and masala powder.
3)Cook till vegetables are done.
METHOD:
1)Mix flour, salt,baking soda,and water to make a soft dough.(like South Indian parota dough)
2)Roll the dough into small thin rounds.
3)Place some stuffing and cover like a small potli(bag)
4)Steam it for approximately 10 /15 min or till done.
Serve with sauce.It is tasty when hot.
NOTE: My cousin said, we can also use tofu or paneer crumbs for stuffing.Any type of vegetable stuffing like the one for spring roll or samosa can be used.

2 comments:

  1. akka, thanks for mentioning my name...hee hee....feels good....seri i tried a variant to this recipe....i added ground spinach to the flour.....there is no big difference in taste, but looks green and i guess its healthier....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape