9/16/08

RAVA IDLY


Rava Idly is very much similar to kanchipuram idly.only difference is its instant.... and its made of rava :)
I love rava uppuma so much that i usually have rava at home but my hubby hates uppuma( little seceret is.... i make uppuma when my hubby is not around.... heeheehee).so only way of using the rava which is buy is rava idly.But before my marriage making rava idly was like writing a exam .... then my cousin Shobana, who ia a very good cook, taught me the secret of making perfect rava idly. And here is the recipe.....

INGREDIENTS:

Rava(sooji) – 2 cups
Green chilies – 2 or 3
Thick curd (sour) – 3 cups
Oil – 2 tbs
Ghee – 1 tbs
Coriander(chopped ) – 2 tbs
Salt – according to taste
Soda bi carb– ½ tsp
Carrot (grated)– 2 tbs
Cashew (chopped) – 1 tsp
Urad – ½ tsp
Bengal gram – 1 tsp
Mustard – ¼ tsp
Asefotida- pinch
METHOD:
1)Heat oil and ghee in a pan and add mustard ,asefotida,urad, bengal gram,green chilli, carrot, cashew and fry.
2)Add rava and fry till aroma comes.
3)Let it cool and add this rava mixture along with soda bi carb, and salt with sour curds .
4) Mix well and pour immediately into oil-greased Idli plates and steam till it is cooked.
Serve hot with coconut chutney .
Tips: to get soft idly
1) Pour it immediately into idly plates and steam.
2)Heat the water in the steamer before placing the idly plate.
3)Fry rava well.
4)Consistency of the rava batter should be like idly batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape