9/3/08

MOTHAGAM


Mothagam is one among the variety of Kozhukatai,that are made for ganesh chadurthi.Its simple and healthy too. Its very much similar to kozhukatai,except for one more ingredient.... that's moong dhal.
For many years I didn't not know Kozhukatai and mothagam were different,until one of my neighbour told me.Her name was selvi, she was my neighbours servant maid. She was a very good friend of mine and my dogs,specially my younger dog Banjo(my other dogs name was Jimmy.I should mention him too right?..i have a lot to write about them ... may be in my new blog)Ok.... lets come to the recipe....She said its chettinad recipe.So here is the recipe.....
INGREDIENTS:
Raw rice- 1cup
Water-3 cups
Jaggery-According to taste
Cardamom-5
Coconut-1 cup(grated)
Moong dhal-little(approximately 2tbs)
METHOD:
1)Pressure cook dhal.
2)Soak rice for hour and dry.
3) Powder the rice coarsely.
4)Dry fry the rice powder in ghee till aroma comes.
5)Add water and cook.
6)Boil jaggery with water to get one string consistency and add the rice flour.
7)Add cooked,mashed moong dhal.
8)Add Coconut and cardamom powder and make nice dough.
9)Make small balls and pressure cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape