1/2/09

VEGETABLE PUFFS



This too like lemon rice has been as draft and in my photo slide for about 4 - 5 months ..for the simple reason its so simple.. hahaha..
Actually this is my very favorite item.I used to be so crazy about this in India, specially the one that was sold in 'Hot Puff's kilpauk. I love to learn new dishes specially the once i like to eat.So my dad arranged me to visit a bakery ,where the chef taught me how they made puffs.It wasn't too hard but i felt the pastry preparation was real waste of time .....Instead i can get nice big veggi puffs in 'Hot puffs'
After coming here in one of the potluck we had this in our menu.I didn't want to choose this as my item.But later one of my neighbour said it was so easy that we just have to buy the pastry sheet and use our filling and bake.... OMG! it sounded simple.so i was finally able to do my favorite item ...
INGREDIENTS:
Puff pastry
Potato-2 or 3 big
Peas-1/4 cup
Onion-1
Green chilli-according to taste
Mint-1/4 cup chopped
Coriander leaves-1/4 cup chopped
Ajwain-1/2 tsp
Jeera- 1/2 tsp
Masala powder-1 tsp
Chilli powder-1 tsp(optional)
Amchur-1/2 tsp(optional)
Oil
Salt -to taste
METHOD:
1)Pressure cook peeled potato and peas.
2)Chop onion and green chilli
3)Heat oil in a pan and season with jeera and ajwain.
4)Add onion and chilli and saute well.
5)Add dry powders.
6)Add potatoes(slightly mashed)and peas and mix well.
7)Add mint and coriander leaves.
8)Roll the pastry sheet lightly(do not press hard)
9)Cut into any desired shape.(i prefer square,so that when folded i get a rectangle)
10)Keep the potato filling and fold the cut pastry sheet.
11)Bake in 375 degree for about 10-15 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
Serve with ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape