10/25/19

AVAL LADDU(FLATTENED RICE BALLS)

It’s a very easy ,simple yet tasty sweet with a bit of crunch .The ingredients used are readily  available at home and can be prepared quickly.
My mom taught me this when I was in college. Though I have been doing for many yrs for some reason or other did not think of post this in my blog .My really say sorry for my FB page readers since I posted the photo  longggggggg back but did not post the recipe. In Tamil they say ‘எல்லாத்துக்கும் நேரம் காலம் வரனும்’ meaning every thing has a time and season.. anyways...
Let’s come to the recipe as told by my mom
INGREDIENTS :
Aval(flattened rice/poha)-1 cup
Pottukadalai(roasted bengal gram/ dalia)-1/2 cup
Sugar or palm sugar or jaggery -1 1/4 cup( this is my mom’s measurements but I use one cup or according to your taste. And if using jaggery you may not need more ghee too as it will be good binder. But the taste and color will change )
Cardamom -1 or 2 pinch
Ghee- as needed To make balls and also to fry cashew
Oil- to fry Aval/posh/flattened rice ( if using store bought readymade You may not be needing this)
METHOD:
1) Fry Aval/ Poha/Flattened rice in oil. ( skip this step if you have store bought ready to eat Aval/ Poha/Flattened rice.
2) Powder dalia/pottukadalai/roasted bengal gram.
3) Powder sugar.
4) Coarsely powder Aval/ Poha/Flattened rice.
5) Fry cashews in ghee.
6) Mix all the above well.
7) Melt ghee and add to this and make balls.( warm ghee helps making balls easy using less ghee. And also if using jaggery ,it will reduce  use of ghee .but taste and color and texture will change)

THE PHOTO BELOW IS MADE USING  PALM SUGAR...THE COLOR IS DARK AND TASTE HAD NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE.



ENJOY YOUR DIWALI WITH THIS SWEET CRUNCHY EASY LADDU
                                             

                                  HAPPY DEEPAVALI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape