2/26/18

BEETROOT RED VELVET CAKE


This has been in my draft for a year Now finally....

   I saw rice milk in store and was surprised to see that rice water being used in face pack. This was when my in laws had come and we bought parboiled rice to cook  for them traditional way .The water drained from this rice was thick creamy almost like egg white.

This is when I got the thought of trying to use this in baking ,and that too with my long time dream Red Velvet  cake using Beetroot purée.
And the result was soft that everyone liked it. 






INGREDIENTS:
Maida-1 1/2 cup
Sugar-3/4 cup
Beetroot purée-1/2 cup
Kanji*(rice water)-1/2 cup
Coconut oil-1/2cup
Apple cider -1tbs
Baking soda-1tsp 
Salt-1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence 3/4 tbs

METHOD
1) Pre heat oven to 350F
2) Seive all purpose flour and baking powder.
3) Beat sugar and oil till sugar dissolves and add Kanji, beet root purée apple cider vinegar,vanilla essence and salt. Mix well .
4) Add flour to this slowly and mix.
5 ) Pour in lined cup cake mould and bake for 15 -20 min or till nice aroma comes or toothpick comes clean in the test .

Note:
To make rice traditional way : Boil water in a pan and add rice ,when rice is cooked(take a rice and press to check if it's cooked)drain the extra water .
This is how I drain the extra water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape