10/23/17

BARLEY DOSA

                                 
It's been long since I posted here.This photo has been in my draft along with Horse gram (kollu) curry for past 7-8 months.

   Tried this when my dad come here last October . His diet is bit different he takes barely with quinoa and vegetables as porridge  as lunch. Actually quite east to cook for him.But one day he asked if I can make dosai using barley like oats dosai I do usually.
  I was not sure since my thought was barley is glutinous and urad is sticky and their combination can't make thin crispy dosai,which I like.But my dad as usual was very encouraging and asked me to try . And to my surprise it came out crispy as I like and also was able to make soft ones like my dad likes.

So... This is the story for birth of this tasty healthy rice free dosai. It's same as my other rice free dosai Oats  , Hulled millet and Ragi dosai.

Ingredients:
Barley -3 cups
Urad dhal-1 cup
Salt-to taste 
Water-soak and grind

Method:

1) Soak barley and urad separately for 6 hrs. (I usually soak at night)
2)Grind them like dosa batter . Add salt and ferment .

Make dosa and enjoy.

Note: if the batter becomes sour u can not get thin dosai. Have not tried making dosa immediately  without fermenting like karamani dosai  .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape