10/18/14

COOKED URAD MURUKKU (CHAKKLI)

B
Just a week before deepavali my neighbour told me about this murukku.I was skeptical, yet wanted to give it a try so tried using just 1/2 cup of urad and the out come was amazing...it was soooooo very crisp  and I tried immediately for this deepavali and everyone ,who tasted it were so surprised when I told it had absolutely no butter in it... So why don't you give it a try just like I did,with half cup of urad and plz don't forget to give your valuable comments.
Ingredients:
Urad dhal -1 1/2 cups
Rice flour - 2 1/2  to 3 cups
Salt- to taste
Chilli powder- to taste
Jeera- 1/2 tsp
Sesame seed -1/2 tsp
Asefotida - 1/4 tsp
Oil - to fry

Method:
1)Soak urad for about 1/2 hr and pressure cook with water(about 3cups) for 6-7 whistles.
2)When cool mash it well(or give a quick mix in mixi)
3)Add rice flour , salt, chilli power,jeera,sesame and asefotida and mix will to form murukku dough.( adjust rice flour according to need)
4)Fill the murukku pess and make murukku in hot oil.

Store in a air tight container when cool.
(Never store it when hot)
Enjoy the crispy murukku😃

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape