7/31/13

Shahi Tofu

I have learnt shahi paneer when I did a short term cooking course in kothari college ,kilpauk long back during my college break.I remember doing that couple of times then since I was told panner is not good for health I stopped doing it for couple of years and later forgot about this dish completely till my friend reminded me about this.... Since that day I wanted to try that using tofu again with the vague memories that I have. I don't remember the amount or the ingredients except for couple of them and one among them was cream . since we don't use cream...I replaced it with almond and milk paste.
Other ingredients......I really don't remember except for onion, tomato .
So here is what I did . It was good ...so sharing with you all.Try and let me know if you liked my version.

INGREDIENTS:(for 2-3)
Onion-1 finely chopped
Tomato-1 (puréed)
Ginger-grated 1/2 tsp
Garlic-grated 1/2 tsp
Green chilli -1 finely chopped
Chilli powder -1/2 tsp( to taste)
Coriander powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-1/4 tsp
Jeera-1/2 tsp
Kasturi methi-1/4tsp
Tofu-2cups diced and shallow fried
Oil-1 tsp
Water- as needed
Milk-approximately 1/4 cup 
Almond-10 blanched 

METHOD:
1)Grind almond using little milk to smooth paste.
2)Heat oil in a pan .Add jeera,kasturi methi.Add onion and grated ginger and garlic along with chopped green chilli sauté well .
3)Add chilli powder ,coriander powder and garam masala powder and sauté well.
4)Add tomato purée. And cook .Add water and bring it to boil.
5)Add almond paste along with remaining milk .
6)Add tofu and bring it to boil.
7) Garnish with coriander leafs and serve with chapathi/roti or even dosai.

Note:I add tofu after cooking tomato for few seconds,before adding water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape