3/1/13

THAYIR MURUKKU(Curds chakli)

When i went to Indian last May some of my relatives presented me cooking books and one of the book had this recipe . was very curious about the taste so tried it finally this week and we liked it. But one small change that i made was water. the book did not have anything about water and also adding hot oil . Since i had less curds i added some water to get the proper dough consistency. and regarding oil my amma used to say adding butter or hot oil Will give nice crispness to murukku.

INGREDIENTS:
Rice flour- 2 cups
Urad dhal flour -1 tbs
Curds- 1cup
Water- about 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Chilli powder- to taste
Sesame seed- 1/4 tsp
Asefotida- little
Oil- to fry
METHOD:
  1. Mix rice ,urad flour along with all the ingredients .Add 2 tsp of hot oil and mix well to make nice murukku dough .
  2. Heat oil .
  3. Fill Murukku press with the the dough and press it into the oil(or press it on a plastic sheet  and drop it in the oil)
  4. Fry till golden brown and store in airtight container.
NOTE: I am not sure if the prepared dough can be kept for a long time since we use curds. so I would recommend to use it immediately  to make murukku.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape