Green Gram dhal- 1/2 cup
Garlic-2(girnd or crush ginger and garlic to paste)
Bay leaf- 1
Chilli powder-to taste
Salt -to taste
Saunf- 1/4 tsp
Dhaniya powder-1/2 tsp
Corriander and curry leaved- few
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Water- as needed
- Wash and pressure cook 1/2 cup dhal with about 1 cup water in pressure cooker and keep.
- Heat oil add mustard.When it splutters add, bay leaf, cinnamon, clove and curry leaves.
- Add onion and saute.When it turns transperent add ginger garlic paste. Saute well till raw smell goes
- Add tomato and salt and cook well.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder , saunf powder(If using whole saunf , add it along with bay leaf) and turmeric powder and saute well for couple of minutes
- Add pressure cooked dhal and add water id needed( This has to be watery as the papad when added will absorb the water.)Cook for few minutes
- remove from flame and add chopped corroander and crushed Appalam/papad and serve with chapathi or poori or rice.