10/24/12

VEGETABLE VADAI

Our family friend Muthu anna presented me ,the famous Meenakshi amma cook book when i went to India this summer.I have heard a lot about her book through my amma and athai.So was very exicted on seeing this gift. but unfortunately due to excess weight i was not able to bring the books with me. so my dad sent it through another family friend very very sweet Mani anna last week and so here is the first recipe from her book that i tried for saraswathi pooja.... very sentimental :) This is very simple just a small variation of normal urad /medhu vadai.Only difference was We have to add equal or little more amount of finely chopped and grated vegetables .
 So here is what i did:
INGREDIENTS:
Urad dhal- 1 1/2 cup
Rice flour-1 tbs
Salt -to taste
Green chilli -to taste
Ginger- small piece
Asefotida-pinch
 Finely chopped Onion, cabbage,beans,cauliflower,grated carrot - together 2 cups
METHOD:
1)Soak urad dhal for 4-5 hrs in water.
2)Grind this along with chopped chilli and ginger to a smooth paste. for more details read  my earlier medhu vadai post or watch my video.
3)Add the vegetables and salt mix well.(we can prepare this and keep inside the fridge if we wish .)
4)Heat oil in a pan . Make vadai and deep fry till golden brown.
Serve.  hot


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape