6/19/12

POTATO OMPODI

This is a very tasty and crunchy snack.I had almost forgotten this for many years after my amma's death until my neighbour gave me ompodi made using sepan kizhangu(Taro root)... the taste reminded me of something that i knew.... and finally remembered that my mom used to make something with potato ....but did not remember her recipe:( Anyway i tried using potato with the usual ompodi ingredients and it was a big hit. 
INGREDIENTS: 
Pottukadalai(roasted bengal gram)powder-1 cup 
Rice flour-1/4 cup 
Potato-1 big cooked and well mashed 
Salt- to taste 
Chilli powder- to taste 
Omam-1/4 tsp 
Water- as needed 
Oil- to fry 
METHOD:
 1)Mix rice flour and roasted bengal gram flour.
 2)Soak and grind omam to paste and add to the flour.
 3)Add salt and chilli powder. 
4)Add well mashed potato to this.Mix well to make a smooth dough.(Add little water if needed) 
5)Heat oil in pan.
6)Use murukku maker with ompodi attachment and make Yummy potato omapadi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape