5/17/10

CARROT KHEER

This is for kids like me,( hehehe... not kid any more but...still...) who don't like to drink milk or eat carrot .To include these things in my diet my amma used to make this once in two days.She used to cook badam and cashew along with carrot and grind it. She also added badam essence ,so that i don't find carrot or even smell carrot in the kheer.

INGREDIENTS:(approximate measurements)
Carrot-1 medium
Badam(almond)-6 to 7
Saffron-few
Cardamom powder - little(or) Almond essence- few drops
Milk-2 cups
Sugar- to taste

METHOD:
1)Grate or cut carrot and pressure cook it along with badam and saffron in 1/2 cup milk.
2)Cool and grind it to paste.
3) Mix this with remaining boiled milk.
4)Add essence or cardamom powder and sugar.

Garnish with chopped almonds. Chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape