6/23/08

Brinjal-Ladies finger


Learnt this dish from my neighbour madhavi... different and tasty, but don't know the name ( she told some the name in telugu). This goes well with Dosa, Idly or even rice.
INGREDIENTS:
Red chillies-according to taste.
Bindi/Okra/Ladies finger- approx 1/2cup cut
Brinjal-approx 1cup cut
Onion-approx 1/4 cup cut
Tamarind- pea size
Jaggery-little
Salt- to taste
METHOD:
1)Fry red chillies and keep aside.
2)Add little oil and fry brinjal and ladies finger well.
3)Grind chillies with salt .
4) Add brinjal,ladiesfinger,onion,tamarind and jaggery and grind coarsely.
The amount i have given here are approx..Actually she did not tell me about the proportion of bindi and brinjal.The one i made was bit sticky as i added equal amount to bindi and brinjal... so try using the amount which i have given here and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape