5/24/15

HULLED MILLET DOSA (PROSO MILLET)



In our search to find millets near our place all  we could find was something called hulled millet in a natural food store.As usual  search in google made me conclude this as proso millet , panivaragu in tamil.Initially I tried to make idly like little millet but without adding idly rice. It came out soft like the earlier one ( little millet Idly) but something was not right...it was bit sticky?!!Or like wasn't cooked properly but it was cooked...( confusing ah😯!!??) Next time I have to try using less urad .. Anyways rest of the batter took the form of dosa, which was really good , very crisp .
So.. Another healthy dosa  had made its way to my dosa list 😀

INGREDIENTS:

Hulled millet - 2 cups
Urad dhal - 1/2 cup

PROCEDURE:

1) Soak millet and urad separated for 6 to 8 hrs and grind separately .

2) Add salt and let it ferment .

3) Heat dosa pan and make thin crispy dosa and enjoy.

NOTE: If you are fan of thick dosa I will not recommend this . It comes similar to idly.soft but some issue..which I don't know to explain.But if you are a lover of thin crispy dosa you will loveeeee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape