4/8/14

JAVVARISI (SAGO) MIXTURE






Crunchy and one of the easy snacks .My hubby by mistake bought sago from Indian store, when we already had a big bag at home... So was wondering what to do with so much at home... All I knew was payasam(pudding) and kichidi... When searching for some recipe .... I came across this. Looked so simple, though the recipe had nylon sago I tried with normal one that we had and  it did come out well except that... Few of the pearls were not as crispy as the rest... Guess if I should have used nylon sago as told in the recipe Or may be I did not use proper ladle for frying...  Anyways Will try again when I get nylon sago .. But as of now let me come to the recipe..before which I would like to tell this... My husband liked it so much and one of my friend who had this too liked it so much that she had second serving:)

INGREDIENTS:
Sago-1cup
Oil-enough to deep fry
Salt-as per taste
Chilli powder-to taste
Peanut-handful
Curry leaf-few

METHOD:
1)Heat oil in a pan and fry peanut and curry leaf( be careful as it will splutter)separately and keep it aside.
2)In the same oil using porous ladle ( bhoondhi karandi ,ladle with holes) fry the sago pearls till it puffs up( be careful as it may splutter)
3) Drain the oil of all the fried items and mix it with salt,Chilli powder .

Store in air tight container. But ...if you have kids or people who loves crunchy snacks.... This  1 cup sago will vanish in couple of hours.. Like in our house :)



2 comments:

  1. SO simple and delicious Ambika! Should try this sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sandya,for better result try using nylon ones

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape