9/12/13

PINEAPPLE RASAM


I fell in love with this the very first time when tasted it in a marriage.i have heard my Amma say about this but don't know why I don't remember her making it... But my sweet cousin Bhuvana akka gave me the recipe once but I couldn't make it as it was hard for me to remove the skin :( Finally I made it once before marriage but after that, I guess this was the first time... Last yr I made it again... But did not have time to post it... So finally.... My favorite rasam/soup was able to make it ...

NOTE: measurements depends on tanginess of pineapple .
INGREDIENTS:
Pineapple -3 ( small rings)
Tomato-1
Garlic-1
Pepper -about 3/4 tsp(according to taste)
Cumin-same as pepper approximately 3/4 tsp
Curry leaf-few(for seasoning)
Coriander leaves-few
Rasam powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-pinch
Asefotida-pinch(seasoning)
Salt-to taste.
Water-as needed
Tur dhal-less than 1/4 cup (pressure cooked and mashed well-it should be watery)
Mustard-1/4tsp.(for seasoning)
Green chilli-1 (for seasoning)

METHOD:
1)Purée tomato.
2) Purée pine apple (2 pieces)Chop the third into small pieces and keep aside.
3) Powder cumin,pepper,garlic .
4)Heat oil in a pan add mustard ,curry leaves,asefotida and pepper-cumin powder and sauté for couple of seconds. Add chopped pineapple pieces and sauté well.
5)Add tomato purée ,mashed dhal water,salt ,rasam powder and add more water if needed  and boil till frothy.
6)Add coriander leaves and remove from flame.serve hot with rasam or enjoy it like soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape