8/7/13

LEMON RIND THOKKU/PICKLE


This is a tasty,healthy pickle/thokku .I would like to call it thokku as it has less oil than pickle and also it can be mixed with rice .
Actually I happened to have lot of lemon rind after making lemon juice and I could see all the 6-7 lemon rind to go to trash .so,thought let me try to sauté with salt and little chilli powder and have it a side dish for curd rice.but when I tested it for spice It was so goos and got idea of making it as thokku and mixing it with rice.so tried it and I loved it. As usual I gave to my neighbour ,she too loved it and so did my husband and when my inlaws were here I gave this for them too and they too said it was good.
I make this often when I get lot of lemon rind.
It's simple and easy one to make. And it can be stored in fridge for more than a month.

INGREDIENTS:(measurement approximate)

Lemon rind-of 3-4 lemon
Oil-1 big ladle 
Chilli powder- according to taste
Salt- to taste

SEASONING:
Oil-1tsp
Mustard-1/4tsp
Asefotida-pinch

METHOD:
1) Cut rinds to small pieces.(cook easily with less oil)
2) Heat oil in a pan and sauté along with salt and chilli powder.
3) Cover and cook ,stiring once in a while.(this make cooking faster with less oil )
4) When it's soft,cool and grind to paste.( it will little coarse as we haven't added water and less oil.if you want to have smooth paste increase cooing time and add more oil)
5) In another pan heat 1tsp oil and add mustard,asefotida .And add the ground paste sauté couple of minutes to mix the seasoning well.
6) Store in clean bottle.It stays good in fridge for more than a month.

You can use this as side dish or mix with rice and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape