4/2/14

CHEPPANKIZHANGU(EDOES)THEEYAL


Before proceeding to this recipe I would like to thank all my friends,who were patient and understanding and still following my blog .and I would like to apologize to everyone for not being active all this long due to personal reasons.

Ok... Coming to this yummy recipe,which is similar to tamil nadu's  " Arachivitta kuzhambu". Is a Kerala  recipe. I happened to see this in some tv channel( not sur if it's tamil or Malayalam) long back.i was actually attracted to its name" Theeyal".I think they used brinjal in that show but since I had only cheppankizhangu at that time, I used it and since then have been using this for Theeyal .we love it some much that I make this almost every week.we use this as side dish for chapathi.

INGREDIENTS:for 2-3 people.
Cheppankizhangu (Eddos)-3 pressure cooked (approximately 2whistle,this depends on the variety of the root) and sliced medium thickness.
Onion- 1small size thinly sliced
Red chilli-4 -5( according to taste)
Dhaniya -2 tbs
Coconut- grated coconut about 1tbs
Fenugreek-1/4 tsp
Salt -as needed
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Tamarind -Goosebery size (soak in 1/2 cup water and extract pulp)

FOR SEASONING:
Mustard
Curry leaf
Oil

METHOD:

1)Heat pan and dry fry fenugreek ,red chilli,dhaniya and roast .add grated coconut last and fry till it turns golden color.Cool and grind to paste.



2) Heat a pan ,add oil and saute onion till it turns pink.
3)Add eddos (Cheppankizhangu ) add turmeric powder and salt and sauté for couple of seconds.

4)Add tamarind paste and water and boil .


5) When it comes to boil add the ground paste and water(if needed) and cook ( the consistency will be neither thick or watery)



Serve with rice or chapathi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape