yet another chellam aunty's recipe, which is my favorite... its favorite because of the crispy outer layer and really cool to see :) especially if you have kids at home they would love it.
So.. all the measurement and procedure is from the class notes.... hope you like it as much we all did.
Potato -1 kg
Dhaniya Powder/Corriander powder-2 tsp
Chilli powder- 2tsp (according to taste)
Corriander and mint leaves- 1/2 bunch(i did not use mint this time as it was not available)
TO MAKE A BATTER TO DIP THE BALLS:
- Pressure cook Potatoes without water.Peel the skin and mash it.
- Half cook Peas(i used frozen peas).
- Fry vermicelli in little oil till golden brown.
- Chop onion, green chill and ginger finely.
- Mix maida and water to make a thin batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion and saute till tender.
- Add green chilli, ginger and mashed potatoes.
- Ad salt,corriander powder,chilli powder, chopped mint and corriander leaves and cook till the raw smell of the powders goes.
- Cool and shape this potato mixture to oval shape balls and scoop out the center and fill with peas and close.
- Fry this in hot oil.
- After frying scoop out the center a little so that the stuffed peas are visible.
- Arrange this on a plate with any salad green and tomaoto sauce.