Cake flour -1cup( wheat flour 1cup and take of 2tbs and add 2tbs of corn starch)
Baking powder -1/2 tsp
Baking soda -1/4 tsp
Salt -to taste
Chilli powder -1/2 tsp ( to taste optional )
Curds/ yogurt -1 cup(may need abt 1/3 cup or less, more to get proper consistency .This depends on the curd.I used 1 cup Thick home made curds)
Oil -1/4 cup
Vegetable of choice finely chopped( I added 1 tbs each of onion, grated carrot,chives,green chilli.1 tsp of curry leaf and coriander leaves)
1) per heat the oven to 350 degree.
3) Seive flour,baking powder and baking soda 2-3times( just to mix them evenly)
4)Add salt, sugar,chilli powder and vegetables to the flour and mix well and keep.
5) Now in a separate bowl mix curds/yogurt and oil well.
6) Add this curds mixture to flour mixture ,(the consistency will be like bonda batter and not like cake batter ,thats pouring consistency)
7) pour in the baking dish and bake for about 15-18 min
NOTE: Adding 1/2 tsp chilli powder tasted better than 1/4 tsp .it does not puff up well if more yogurt is added.When this was made using corn flour there was not much difference.But using thick home made curds did make little difference in texture.
For Indian friends--- Corn starch is the same as corn flour in india, thats used for thickening.