12/14/12

PANEER PARATHA

Easy to make tasty stuffed chapati.I had forgotten about this for more than a decade, till my friend/ neighbour srividhya reminded me. Thanks to her :)This is my version of stuffed home made Paneer paratha, made just for me(my husband feels its not healthy to eat cottage cheese) Anyway... Since the measurement is just for 2 paratha/chapati , its sort of approximate.(Lost the original recipe that i learnt from Kothari ,in Kilpauk.
INGREDIENTS:
For Stuffing:
Paneer-1/4 cup
Green chilli-5 finely chopped(to taste)
Salt(to taste)
Jeera powder-1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Ginger paste-1/4 tsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves-1/4 tsp
For Paratha/ Chapati:
Wheat flour-about 3/4 cup
Salt-to taste.
Oil-1/4 tsp
Water- to make dough(depends on the quality of flour.I used about 1/2 cup)

METHOD:
1)Mix wheat flour salt and oil along with water to make a soft dough.Keep aside covered till stuffing is prepared.
2)Heat just 1 tsp oil in a pan and add green chilli,ginger paste saute well.Add Turmeric ,Salt ,Jeera powder and Paneer(either grated or crumbled)along with coriander leaves.(Some use Chilli powder instead of green chilli.
3)Saute all these for a while . and when warm enough to touch , make small balls(I got 2 balls for this measurement)
4)Divide the dough to balls(i got 2 balls rolled to chapatis) and roll that to  thick small chapati, keep the stuffing in the center and cover with the chapati edges.
5)Keeping the closed side on top roll these to chapatis.(use Flour if needed for rolling)
6)Cook this on hot tava on both sides apply oil or butter if desired. And serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape