9/26/12

CURD WHEAT UPMA

Its been more than a month that i posted.I thank all my friends for patiently waiting .THANKS A LOT FOR THE SUPPORT :)
This is my favorite. Since my DH hatesssssssss upma.I do this for my lunch often.Just for me...yeah i cook lot of things just for me  like upma, Fenugreek rice etc. hehehe :) Anyway....I love the curds taste with Upma. my cousin Balakumar anna does yummy Curd upma and so thats how i got hooked to the taste.Usually we do this with Normal Rava.But i wanted to try in wheat rava and i lovedddddd it. Also planning to do puli rava , which i havent had since my ammas death :(
Ok ...coming to the recipe its same as ordinary upma except we also use curd along with water for cooking .
INGREDIENTS:
Wheat Rava-1 cup
Water 1 cup
Curds-1 cup
Oil
Mustard-1/2 tsp
Urad dhal-1/4tsp
Channa dhal-1/4tsp
Ginger-1 small piece finely chopped
Green chilli- according to taste
Curry leaves
Salt- to taste
METHOD:
1)Heat oil Add mustard.After it splutters add urad and channa dhal.
2)Add Ginger, curry leaves and fry for a second.Add water and allow it to boil.
3)Now add Curds and mix well.(dont allow it to boil) Add Wheat rava(as told in my earlier post Lemon Wheat rava  rava can be dry fried and used if desired)
4)Cover and cook .
5)Serve with sambar or spicy chutney.


2 comments:

  1. tis happens to be my mil fav and looks tasty:)

    Saraswathy Blalkrishnan
    Taste of Saras Kitchen
    http://bsaraswathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks saras for being regular visitor and giving ur inputs :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape