6/20/12

KARUNAI KIZHANGU(SURAN) CHIPS

One of my favorite vegetable.. Karunai kizhangu/Suran..that too chips I LOVE IT.My amma used to make this often.But unfortunately In US its very hard to get fresh suran.Even if we did its very costly :(
So last month during my chennai visit i had this almost daily for nearly 10 out of 20 days :D in one or other form..Suran sambar, suran fry,suran curry, suran masiyal,suran chips, suran kurma..hahaha... but unfortunately could not take photo of every thing :(
But here is a snap of my favorite chips with the recipe
INGREDIENTS:
Karunai kizhangu/Suran
Salt- to taste
Chilli powder- to taste
Oil-to fry
METHOD:
1)Peel the skin and clean the root.
2)Heat oil in a pan.
3)Using a chips grater slice the root into oil directly .
4)Reduce the heat to medium and fry till crisp.(turn them occasionally to fry uniformly)
5)Remove from oil when crisp.
6)Mix chilli powder and salt  well to this drained chips ( mix chips with the powder to mix evenly  combine everything in a ziplock bag and add the powders and give a quick shake)
KEEP IT IN AIR TIGHT CONTAINER and NSOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape