10/29/11

BOONDHI LADDU


Very easy to make traditional sweet.This is a sweet which i have always feared is very difficult to make . I was told by my amma that laddu have to be made into balls while it was still hot. So i have never attempted to even  try this until my friend vijaya told me that it was very simple.
I think i have misunderstood my amma's statment or may be she thought i was  too young and could not handle the warm boondhi syrup.. any way .. its not hard :)
INGREDIENTS:
Gram flour/Besan- 1cup
Milk- to mix
Food colour- 1 pinch.
Salt- a pinch.
Sugar- 1cup
Water-1/4 cup(for syrup)
Chopped nuts and raisin(fried)
Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
Kalkandu(rock candy/ sugar candy)- few(optional)
Clove- few(optional)
Nutmeg and Pachai karpooram(cooking camphor)- a pinch(optional)
METHOD:
1)Mix water/milk, sieved besan ,food colour and salt to make a nice boodhi batter.
2)Mix Sugar and water  and boil till we get half string consistency( just sticky before 1 string consistency) and simmer it.
3) Simteneously heat oil in a pan and start making boondhi and add it to the warm syrup immediately.
4) Repeat this till all the batter is done.
5)Add all the other ingredients ,Chopped nuts,cardamom ,nutmeg powder, Cooking camphor,Kalkandu, clove  to boondhi syrup and mix well.
6) Mash the boodhi in the syrup a little when all the syrup is absorbed .Apply some ghee on palm and start making balls.( this will be warm.)
BOONDHI LADDU READY.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape