7/14/11

MULTI GRAIN THINS/CRACKERS


My brother used to send crackers  like these from UK to my father.I used to eat these when i visited him.I loved the taste..It was also healthy.After coming to US i was searching for these kind of crackers but found then in the name of Thins.I loved them but as i always say...
when you make food at home you always know whats in that... we don't have to fear if its really whole wheat or refined. and how much of fat is add... and all such things.So I tried these crackers...or should i call them Thins??!!..
Don't know what difference is there between these too..may be texture??
INGREDIENTS(approximate measurements)
Wheat flour-1 cup
Ragi flour-1/2 cup
Jowhar flour-1/2 cup
Oats and wheat bran-1/2 cup
Salt-approximately 1 tsp
Water-1/4 cup approximately
Olive oil-little less then 1/4 cup
Soda bi carb-about 1 pinch.
METHOD:
1)Mix water and soda bi carb.
2)Mix all other ingredients.
3)Add water to mixed flour to get poori dough consistency.
4)Preheat  oven to 350 degree.
5)Roll out the dough to thin sheet and cut into desired shape and prick with fork.
6) Place them on greased baking tray or baking tray ,lined with parchment paper.
7) Bake for about 10 minutes.
8)Switch off  the oven and turn the crackers/thins on the same baking tray and let it cool .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape