10/20/09

JANGIRI


Hi friends,Its nice to be back after a long break.
Thought let me start with a sweet...Diwali sweet...Jangiri.
This was my very first try in jangiri. The shape of this sweet had always fascinated me.My mom too have never done Jangiri so i didn't not have any idea how it was made until i saw this in a marriage.At that time i felt that person had special talents to make such beautiful shaped sweet.Anyway....Point is i never tried to learn that as i thought it was a difficult one...But my sweet friend Nalina gave me the recipe and told me how easy it was.And to be very frank friends....This was when i realised ...nothing is difficult.. its just our fear that makes it look difficult.Just like she said this was the most easiest sweet to make in this world.
INGREDIENTS:
Urad dhal-1 cup
Sugar(for syrup)-2cups
Water(for syrup)-1 cup
Oil or Ghee - for frying
Elachi(cardamom)
Saffron
METHOD:
1)Soak Urad and grind to smooth paste(just like vada)adding little water.
2)Heat oil or ghee in a flat bottomed pan .
3)Meanwhile heat sugar and water and boil to little more than 1 string consistency.(but be careful not to boil till 2 string consistency)
4)Take a plastic cover and make a cone (or make a hole in a plastic cover)and place the urad dough and squeeze it(like mehendi)like ring shape and then small rings surrounding that first ring.
5)Cook till done and put it in the sugar syrup.
6) After 3-5 minutes take the Jangri out ...
Tasty Jangri ready in few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape