7/23/09

THAKKAALIPAZHA(Tomato)KUZHAMBU

This is one of the favorite recipe for my appa(dad)Actually my cousin Bhuvana akka does this when we visit her place.It tastes good with Idly, dosai. My amma(mom) used to do this even for ragi kali(Ragi thick porridge)i don't remember how my amma did it but me and my appa like Bhuvana akka's kuzhambu so much that we call it only by her name'Bhuvana akka kuzhambu' :)
INGREDIENTS:(approximate measurements)
Onion- 2
red chilli- 7
Corriander seed- 1tbs
Ginger-small piece
Garlic-5-6
Jeera- 1tsp
Pepper-1 tsp
Cinnamon- 1
Khas khas- 1 tsp
Cashew-4-5(optional)
Coconut-2tbs
Tomato-2 for grinding and 1 for saute.
Bengal gram- 2tbs
Turmeric powder- 1/4tsp
METHOD:
1)Heat oil and Add 1 chopped onion and 2 chopped tomato,chilli, ginger, garlic,jeera,pepper, cinnamon,khas khas, cashew, coconut and turmeric and saute well.
2)Cool and grind to smooth paste.
3)Heat oil and season it with mustard and Add onion and tomato along with salt and saute well.
4) Add the ground paste along with necessary amount of water and cook .
Serve with Idly or dosai.

1 comment:

  1. Its my appa's favourite also....we call this salem thakazhi kurma. Prepared at home today....sooper we all enjoyed having it along with suda suda idlis.A must try easy and tasty recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape