12/23/08

RAVA LADOO



This is very easy and tasty, simple sweet. My mom used to make this in different way.she used to powder rava along with sugar and make ladoo using ghee, but my way is bit different. My chitthi used to make in the method which i have given now. To be true... i like the taste of ladoos make with ghee than this .

INGREDIENTS:
Rava-1 cup
Sugar-3/4 cup
Milk-1/4 cup(my mom doesn't use milk)
Ghee-3-4 tbs(my mom uses only ghee )
Cardamom(powdered)- 1/4 tsp
Coconut- 1/4 cup(grated)
Cashew chopped-2tbs
Raisins-little
METHOD:
1)Heat little ghee and fry rava till nice aroma comes.
2)Powder sugar(my mom powders rava along with sugar)in mixer.
3)Fry cashew and coconut(i prefer using fresh,without frying,but this doesn't have long life) raisins till golden brown.
4)Mix rava, sugar, raisins,cashew,grated coconut.
5)Sprinkle milk.Heat rest of the ghee and add to the above mix and make balls.
NOTE:Add ghee little by little as you make balls and sprinkle milk when ever needed .
Adding more milk will make ladoo bit hard when compared to the ladoo that is made using ghee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape