This is a very simple recipe and healthy too.Usually moms feed their kids with this dish.My mom used to tell bananna , milk and honey is gud combination to put on weight.So i tried making pongal with this combination. Actually its not my try its just a combination of variouse pongals that my momused to do . she learnt banana pongal from one on her malayali friend and honey pongal from her mom,my grand ma. Milk pongal normally everyone does it for sankaranthi(pongal). So i just combined all thes pongals together to create this yummy Bananna honey pongal.
Sorry about the measurments..its approximate.
Water-1 cup to 1 1/2 cup
Honey-approximately 1/2 cup
- Wash and pressure cook rice with water and milk.(approximately 4-5 whistle depending on rice quality)
- Heat ghee fry cashew and add the cooked rice(mash it slightly).
- Add mashed bananna and cardamom powder.
- Add saffron(just for flavour) mixed with little warm milk.
- Cook for just couple of minutes.Mix honey and remove from flame and serve.