7/2/08

ASOKA HALWA


Asoka halwa... wonder why this sweet got this name!!!This is supposed to be famous Tanjore sweet.My sil taught me this. But yesterday i tried the way that my dad told me( he used to tell me new dishes if he finds it interesting).There is not much difference in taste between the two methods.
INGREDIENTS:
Wheat flour- 1/4cups
Moong dhal-1 cup(cooked)
Sugar-3 cups
Cinnamon powder- pinch
Cardamom-2
Ghee/ refined oil-2 cups
Kesari colour(opt)
Cashew( for decoration)
METHOD:
1)Pressure cook moong dhal with water.
2)When cool mash it.
3)Mix wheat flour in water.(My sil's recipe doesn't have this)
4)Mix sugar,wheat,moong dhal .
5)Cook the ingredients by adding half of the oil/ghee .
6)When its almost done add cinnamon(My sil's recipe doesn't have this), cardamom.
7)Add remaining oil/ghee and remove when the paste leaves the side(it will be non sticky)
8)Decorate with nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape