5/27/08

PARUPPURANDAI KUZHAMBU


This is another favourite curry .My mother in law and my mother are good in making this.


INGREDIENTS:

Tur dhal - ½ cup
Bangal gram dhal - ½ cup
Dried red chilli - 4 or 5
Saunf - ½ tsp
Garlic -4(opt)

Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves - little
Curry leaves - little
Salt - to taste

Onion - 1
Tomato- 1

Tamarind -1 big lemon
Sambar powder -according to taste
Turmeric Powder -1/4tsp

Coriander leaves -garnish
Curry leaves - little
Salt -to taste
Mustard seasoning

Fenugreek -seasoning
Oil

METHOD:


1)Soak both the dhals for 2 hour.
2)Grind the dhal with red chilli ,garlic and saunf coarsely.
3)Add grated coconut, finely cut coriander leaves, curry leaves.
4)Mix well and make small balls and set aside.
5)Soak tamarind and extract pulp.

6) Add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt.
7)Cut onion, tomato .

8)Heat oil add mustard,and fenugreek
9)Add onion,tomato and fry for sometime .
10)Add tamarind water mixed with sambar powder and let it boil .
11) Now add the balls one by one and let it boil.(The balls will rise when cooked then add the other balls)

Garnish with coriander leaves, curry leaves and serve with rice.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this recipe and loved it akka. I thought I should let you know that balls must be put in boiling gravy else they start breaking.When mine started breaking, amma gave me this tip. Keep posting more recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape