5/8/08

Onion pakoda

Pakoda...ummm ... My mom was a expert in making pakodas. she made lots of varieties.. wheat pakoda, killu pakoda,mixed pakoda....it may sound funny.. but her wish was to open a pakoda shop :).I love to dedicate this to my mom.Wish she was here to see and taste her daughter's cooking.. MISS U AMMA.

INGREDIENTS:

Onion- 1big
Green chilli(opt)-2
Roasted bengal gram(pottuladalai, dhalia)-1/4 cup powdered
Rice flour-1/2 cup
Besan-3/4 cup
Soda bi carb-1 pinch
Salt -to taste
Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
garam masala powder(opt)-1/2tsp
Oil- to fry.
METHOD:
1) Slice onion thin.(if u like u can also add sliced green chilli).
2)Mix roasted bengal gram,rice flour,besan, salt ,chilli powder , garam masala soda bi carb.
3) Add sliced onion and mix well to the powder.
4)Add 1 tbs of hot oil to the above mixture.Mix well.
5) Fry in hot oil till golden brown.Serve with sauce .
Note: Onion will let out water so sprinkle water only if necessary. do not use water to mix as pakoda will not stay crisp for long.
this pakoda stays crisp for long time.

2 comments:

  1. Ambi my gift to you , your award is waiting in my blog do collect it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks raji that was sweet of u.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape