5/19/08

KANCHIPURAM IDLY


Kanchipuram idly... Even those who don't like idly will love this.This recipe was told to me by my friend Anu's mom.I love this recipe.My mom too used to make these but her ingredients were different she used idly and raw rice with urad in different proportion and also she did not use dry ginger and peanut.


INGREDIENTS:
Raw rice-1cup
Urad -1cup
Jeera-1tbs
Pepper-1tbs
Dry ginger-small
Peanut-1tbs
Red chilli-2
Asefotida-1tsp
Ginger-small
Mustard-1tsp
Urad-1tsp
Curry leaf-little
Salt -to taste
Oil -1tsp

METHOD:
1)Soak rice and urad over night and grind to Coarse paste.
2) Let it ferment.
3)Fry jeera,pepper,sukku,peanut,red chilli and asefotida in a dry pan and powder.
4)Fry urad ,mustard , chopped ginger and curry leaves in oil.
5)Mix all the powdered and fried ingredients in the Idly batter and make idly.

Serve with spicy chutney or podi(Idly Powder)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape