5/14/08

AVAL KESARI

This sweet tastes similar to Thiruvadhirai kali.Actually i started doing aval payasam but i powdered aval finely that i decided to try something different.. guess what .. it turned out to tasty yummy new sweet :)

INGREDIENTS:
Aval(poha)-1 cup
Sugar-1cup(to taste)
Badam,cashew-1/4cup
Saffron-few
Cardamom-2
Water or milk-1 1/2cup
Ghee-1/4cup

METHOD:
1)Powder aval and the nuts together.
2)powder cardomom, sugar and saffron.
3)Boil water/milk in a pan and add powdered aval and nuts and cook.
4)Add sugar powder and cook.Add Ghee.
And serve.
Note: if desired add Food colour
Sending This Tasty Sweet for Shama's fast food event

2 comments:

  1. I have some aval at hand, must try this now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks purl. plz let me know if u like it.and hey, thanks for visiting my blog regularly.its encouraging

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !

DISCLAIMER

The recipes have been tasted and liked by my family and friends .Some Ingredients amount might be approximate in some recipes, which i mostly mention.Plz adjust the ingredients like spice and salt according to taste.I will be Happy to clear any doubts .and very happy to hear the feed back, which will help me improve my blog. Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog.
YEN SAMAYAL ARAI

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All images and content copyright yensamayalarai © 2010.You are welcome to use the content for personal use .No reproduction of the content allowed without permission from author.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape